Saturday, April 9, 2011

Line Creatures


In the beginning of the year I usually do a line lesson with each grade level. In kindergarten we learn the names of the lines and how they are used to embellish and add to our works of art. Each year we review the lines and go a step further to discuss repetition, pattern, line direction, design etc.



This line creature lesson was inspired from Deep Space Sparkle. I chose a different animal for each class. This was their first project. This lesson was a great following direction lesson as well because I taught them step by step how to draw their animal using my "document camera".


Students used sharpies to draw animal and decorate inside with line and patterns.


Then students the cut out their animals and glued on top of a piece of 12x18 color construction paper






1 comment:

  1. Courtney,
    I love your blog!!!! I have always been inspired by the art you have our students create and often wish I was a student in your classes. :)
    Sara Foster

    ReplyDelete