Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Broom Mask




This hangs in my classroom and the students always want to know if they are every going to get to make one? A couple of years ago when the school was about half the size I had an art club. We met once a week in the afternoon. Anyway that group made broom masks. Each student was required to bring in a broom



My father helped me saw the handles off. Students were to make a sketch of their idea first, after looking at pictures of masks. . We formed the facial parts with styrofoam shapes that we cut from large foam scraps I had. Then wrapped the broom with plaster strips. I beleive we used acrylic and maybe latex paint to decorate.



We took the brooms outside and sprayed the straw with spray paint.



Will I ever do this lesson again? I hope so. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment