Monday, May 12, 2014

Color Wheel Cows-Third

I just finished all color wheel cows with all my third grade classes. This by far is one of my most successful art lessons. Students just love to experiment with color. I enjoy hearing them think out loud "okay blue and yellow make green...and if I add more yellow it will make yellow green". I also have found a lot of color smart board activities, so I like to incorporate those before we get started.

The lesson for this project is here. These are some final results from this year. Super cute and colorful! This year  I let them use all the primaries in their background how ever they wish. The could mix, keep separate, use one only, etc. I love the eyes! I emphasize big shapes, fill up your space, leave little background, BIG is BETTER!




No comments:

Post a Comment